Carers Hub Lancashire
Welcome to the Carers Hub Lancashire.
We support often hard pressed carers to reduce the impact of their caring role through providing information along with one to one and group support including:
- Peace of Mind for Carers contingency plan. We can support you to create a contingency care and support plan which can be activated and provided to the person you care for in the event you are unable to carry out your caring role in an emergency.
- Access to our Sitting in Service where a volunteer is matched with the person you care for to provide you with a short break from your caring role
- Regular coffee and chat meetings with other Carers
- Access to a 24 hour CHAT Line which is manned by Carers that have volunteered to provide a listening ear to other Carers.
- Carers Assessment and reviews. We can support you, in accordance with Care Act (2014), to undertake a carers assessment to identify the impact your caring role may be having on your physical and emotional health and wellbeing, whether you are willing and able to continue in your caring role and, if so, what support is needed for you to do this. We will help you to create a plan of how to put this support in place. We will also assess whether you are eligible for a carers personal budget to spend against your plan.
Who Can We Help?
In Lancashire we can support the following adult carers:
- Aged 18+
- Either live or care for someone who lives in the following districts in Lancashire County:
- Lancaster and Morecambe
- South Ribble
- West Lancashire.
- Are caring for someone who is accessing steps four or five of the mental health system and the carer and/or the person they care for live in Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley.
- Meet the criteria above but are a ‘former’ carer.
Tel: 0345 688 7113
- Breaks (leisure cards, respite, care navigation, Sitting In Service, activities)
- Information about our Sitting in Service and activities in current newsletter. Summer newsletter download. Read more about the activities available here
- n-compass Carers Services Factsheet.
- Lancashire Young Carers Service, tel: 01772 641 002, web: Lancashire children trust
- Carers link, tel: 0345 688 7113, web: Carers link.